Friday, October 19, 2012

Brittney - Day 19

Today my thing was actually hard for me to do.
There is a guy I work with who started about 4 months ago on the management team. He drives me a little nutty. Every time he talks to me or needs something I have to breathe deeply. He is such a nice guy but for some reason he completely rubs me the wrong way.
Today in a meeting there was a cookie left over. Instead of just telling someone to take it or giving it to one of the guys who sit next to me, I thought about who I could give it to. This guy came to mind. So I wrote him a nice letter telling him I appreciate all he does and that he’s doing a good job, and left the note and the cookie on his desk. It took a lot to sit down and write the letter and give it to him, but I did it.
(Note – I did this even after a comment he made to me earlier today – I was walking down the hallway carrying a brown paper bag (like a grocery bag), and he walked by me with someone else and said, “so now are you the bag lady?” What kind of a comment is that? The bag lady? Just because I’m carrying a brown paper bag once? No, I’m not the bag lady. I didn’t even say anything rude or sarcastic back to that, so go me.)

2 comments:

  1. That may have been his poor in taste, worped, totally twisted way of saying, hey I think you are cute and I would love to flirt with you but I am too awkward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have said "oh, this is your lunch, your mother dropped by the office and asked me to give it to you".

    ReplyDelete