Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dad Day 24

We have a computer tech in our department from Iraq who is not very capable. It is not only that he isn't great with computers; he is also horrible following through on things and forgets to do almost everything that he is asked to do. In any other company he would have been fired years ago. I know, you're wondering where I am going with this. For the past two months I have been asking him to add an SAP computer role to my SAP capabilities. Today I needed this computer role to be able to finish something and the system told me that I still was not authorized. I marched into his office and blasted him. I was not the least bit diplomatic or sensitive (Darth Vader would have been proud and Mother Teresa would have cried).

During lunch when I finally had time to reflect, I started feeling bad. Not that he didn't deserve it, but that I should have been above that. So after lunch I bought him a snickers bar and went to his office to apologize. He readily forgave me and told me that he had corrected the problem in SAP.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nin, with adequate time to think, I quite often will do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete