Monday, October 29, 2012

Brittney - Day 28

Today I did two things. I'm UNBEATABLE!

#1 - Again, I'm pretty new in my ward. I've gone out of my way to be social and to meet people, even though it's not in my nature. After church there was a mix and mingle. I was stressed out about going, because I'd have to walk in there by myself not really knowing many people. But I did it! I even stayed 25 minutes.

#2 - There is a man who lives right by Skyline Highschool that has gone missing. He's 80 and has early stage dementia. He took his dog for a walk on Wednesday, and hasn't been seen since. The first presidency sent a letter to the church's in our stake and asked that everyone go help the police and look for him. A lot of wards cancelled church completely to look for him. I went over after work and was registered with the police as a bonafide Police Volunteer. I though I could just come and search however long I was able, but it was really organized and we were assigned 4 streets and had to knock on every door to ask if they'd seen him, and to get permission to look in their backyards, sheds, boats, campers, etc. (the police are thinking he maybe got lost or wanted to get lost and wondered off and ended up hiding in someone's yard). It was super awkward and it was a ton of work. I left my house at 3 (thinking I'd be done by 4:30 to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner) but didn't get done until a little after 6:30. On a sad note, he went missing last Wednesday and still hasn't been found.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on going to the mixer. So sad about the old guy. He is grandmas age and 5 years younger than Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that would be uncomfortable going door to door. I cannot believe they have not found him. He cannot be alive still. I pitty the person that finds his boy. Keep us posted I would love to know the outcome. Good job on mixing. I wish I had the skill of walking into a room of strangers and knowing how to mix and feel at ease.

    ReplyDelete