Monday, October 22, 2012

Emilee Day- 22

I have always wondered about Jesus Christ's siblings. This morning I took the time to research it. He had at least 4 brothers named James, Joses, Simon, and Judas. They also mention "sisters". It was interesting to find out that they may not have recognized his divinity while he was living but after his death James went on to replace the apostle James after his death by Agrippa as an apostle. His brother Jude wrote an epistle, and Simon they believe became a bishop. Also, I was really happy to find an LDS source online.

I always thought that John the beloved was Christ's brother because he told her to take care of Mary. When Brandon corrected me I was really confused but this site says that Christ's brothers may not have supported him, therefore they were not at his crucifixion. If they had been, he probably would have intrusted her care to one of them.

http://jesus.christ.org/questions-answers-about-jesus-christ/did-jesus-have-siblings

2 comments:

  1. Good job Em. Picking a topic like that can really spice up your scripture study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks. That was very interesting to read and very informative. I liked learning this.

    ReplyDelete