Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MOM Day 17

Darn I did not have time to post on Wednesday and with Alzhiemers setting in--it is hard to remember.  Wednesday I thought I had NOTHING on my calender so I was going to spend the day finishing my CEU's.  I did not even pick up my book till 9:30 pm and then fell promptly asleep.  DANG.  So one of the reasons my day turned out this way was going over to the school to talk to the man over Community Ed.  He miss communicated to Lynn and I and how the system works for payment.  So instead of getting like 2200 Riyals for teaching three weeks of CPR and First Aid--dragging all my stuff over three times a week and sterilizing it all three times instead of one--I found out I am only making like 850 SR.  He totally led us down the WRONG garden path.  He is a squirrel to talk to--BUT I tried to hold my ground.  My usual nature would be to skirt the issue and not push for the bottom line.  I pushed until I got the answer I needed and then kept pushing telling him he made a mistake, he did not communicate the details and what could he do to correct the problem.  I was surprised at myself for pushing pushing pushing. And even after all this, Lynn wanted to cancel the class for the next day--seeing the pay is pathetic--but I felt obligated to keep to my commitment.  SO again I dragged ALLL my supplies over and did a 8.5 hour class.

2 comments: