Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mommie Dearest Day 11

I feel I deserve a LOT of cudo's for today.  I was teaching a CPR class and I had the MOST annoying student in the history or mankind.  But, I remained calm and polite.  I even gave him opportunities to strut his stuff.  He is x-paramedic.  He had a comment, story, interpretation, example, expoundshion for EVRY thing I was trying to teach.  Miraculously I still ended on time.  Yes he knew the stuff, BUT I WAS TEACHING LAY RESPONDER CPR!!!  As lay responder you will not be carrying charcoal with you, or super glue suture, or stitching a victim or preparing for surgery or carrying a back board with you (does that fold up and fit in a fanny pack?) or a pad and pen to write down the victim's history and vital information.  YOu are doing CPR or giving first aid hopefully no longer than 3 minutes until the paramedics arrive (that is unless you live in Saudi). You are not directing traffic and giving sargaent orders to bystanders. I want extra points for today.  I will pay to get extra points for today!

2 comments:

  1. I met the guy. I was impressed when he told me that he was a cub scout den leader the girl scout quartermaster and was a boy scout merit badge counselor. I knew he was over the edge a little when he added that he had signed up to teach 30 different merit badges. I hope he isn't related to Jerry Sandowski.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun class! Good for you keeping your cool!

    ReplyDelete